Fáilte Ireland, the National Tourism Development Authority, is working closely with the Government and the tourism industry as the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation evolves.
Please see the updated measures in response to COVID-19 for information on additional steps being taken to slow the spread of the virus in Ireland.
From 5 July
From July 5th, the following measures will apply:
Numbers permitted at outdoor events can increase as planned, to a maximum of 200 attendees for the majority of stadia, and to 500 for stadia/venues with capacity greater than 5,000, with appropriate protective measures.
- On the 29th June the Government announced that the next phase of re-opening will be based on a cautious approach with an emphasis on lower-risk activities, following advice from the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) that the incidence of the Delta variant in Ireland poses a significant risk, particularly to those who are not yet fully vaccinated
For more information visit www.gov.ie
- We advise the public to adhere to the recommendations from the Department of Health with regards to protecting yourself and others and if you have been to an affected area please note advice. The Government of Ireland's website and Health Service Executive (HSE) website is providing the most up-to-date information to citizens and businesses.
Travel and Public Transport
- For the latest travel advice, please visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.
- There are exceptions for some workers in key businesses but for the majority of people, the rule is simple: stay at home as much as possible. Public transport will continue but travel will be restricted to those who are buying food or medicines; carers; those going to medical appointments and essential workers; and when using it, follow continuing guidelines on physical distancing.
- If you’re concerned about how the COVID-19 situation could affect your travel plans, we recommend that you check with your airline, tour operator, transport and accommodation providers.
Tourism Sites, Activities and Events
- All cultural institutions and many local visitor attractions will be closed until further notice. In some instances, the parklands around our visitor attractions may still be open. Please check here for latest updates.
- All organised social indoor or outdoor events of any size are not to take place, such as sporting events, concerts or parties.
Tourism Industry Partners
- Further information for our industry partners can be found on our Fáilte Ireland corporate website which is being updated regularly.
We will be updating this page as and when we receive further information.
Other useful websites:
Visit the HSE website for updated guidance of COVID-19 (HSE)
World Health Organization (WHO)
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)